Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Kids' Show Even Adults Love

In an article in the Arizona Republic, columnist Bill Goodykroontz has a list of lists. Among others, he has: late, great shows that haven't worn out their welcome in reruns, 3 people we can do without ever hearing from again, When disaster strikes, the 4 TV news people I want to be watching, and (dunt-da-daa!) 5 kids shows adults can enjoy without having to pretend.

Naturally, The Backyardigans is on that last list. "We've got the whole wide world/in our yard to explore. . . .," Goodykroontz said. "Sorry, but the songs are incredibly catchy."

Tell me about it. Every time I get the lyrics to one of the songs written down, I spend the next several days with that song going through my head constantly. Luckily, they are such great songs that it doesn't make me crazy to have one stuck in my head like that!

1 comment:

  1. Intereting list. I agree, the songs in "The Backyardigans" are EXTREMELY catchy!

    ReplyDelete