Monday, October 16, 2006

Homemade Backyardigans Costumes

I sure hope none of you have been holding your breath in anticipation of clear and concise instructions on how to make your own Backyardigans costumes. Because I haven't been able to pull anything together.

I'm sorry!!

I tried, I really did, but I just couldn't put together anything coherent. The best I can suggest is, if you want to make your own costumes, you could trying using sweatsuits, face paint and felt. For instance, Uniqua would be in a pink sweatsuit with pink felt spots attached (maybe stitched or hot glued) and then follow the instructions on the Nick Jr. website for the Uniqua face paint. (Or you can watch the video demonstration.) You could twist some pipe cleaners around a headband for her antennae.

Do the same thing for the other characters:

Tyrone - red and blue striped shirt, orange sweat pants, orange face paint

Austin - Blue sweat pants, blue and yellow striped shirt (or blue shirt with a strip of yellow felt around it), purple shoes, purple face paint

Pablo - Beanie with a propeller, blue top coat, yellow sweatsuit, blue face paint

Tasha - Dark orange dress with light orange flowers cut out of felt and stuck on, red shoes, yellow face paint

I hope you find this helpful! Personally, I'm doing it the easy way and buying my childrens' costumes.

6 comments:

  1. umm Tasha has red shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you're right! I said I wasn't any good at this, didn't I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little brother wanted to be austin so, i have idea for the costume

    A pale blue shirt. yelllow felt around the middle. blue sweatpants. purple socks over his shoes and purple gloves. headband painted purple with 2 felt ears (light purple and smaller dark purple ovals.)strap of cloth with a purple stuffed cloth to look like the tail. light purple face paint. dark purple line on mouth up to ears (his ears) and dark purple triangle for nose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing that Maximus! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burger King is handing our deer horn headbands with the Kids Meals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to figure how to make a Uniqua costume for my 7 month old, her big brother is going to be Tyrone and we just got the costume but they dont sale an XXS Uniqua, any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete