Monday, September 25, 2006

"Not bad", huh?


Ska and the Backyardigans, originally uploaded by TedsBlog.

This photographer was surprised to see ska on a child's toy, commenting "...the music wasn't bad, actually." The ska, of course, was from the Pirate Treasure episode. ("What do you do with a scurvy pirate? Load the cannon up and fire it! What do you do with a scurvy pirate? Make them walk the plank!")

You can get this toy (Fisher-Price Backyardigans Sing-Along Music Maker) from Walmart. It plays 10 songs (I assume two for each episode pictured) and a microphone so your children can not only sing along but hear their voice coming from the speakers along with the music. Pretty neat, huh?

I've been noticing a lot of Backyardigans stuff on display at Walmart when I make a trip out there. It's great to see the show getting so popular!

2 comments:

  1. hey...
    my son has that toy and he loves it.... it reall only plays 5 songs and then 5 music numbers. the mic is so so unless you have it almost in your mouth you dont really hear your kids singing along with the songs.
    But over all its a good toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Canada so I am not sure if you have Avon in the US but they have a neat little Backyardigans cd player with 4 of the cd's and a book to follow along with for 19.99... I am getting it! Walmart has tons of stuff now too!

    ReplyDelete